Acceptable Use Policy
Last Document Revision
This acceptable Use Policy and Conditions of Use applies to all the users of the Advanced Computing and e-Science Group computing services.
Glossary of terms
For the purpose of this SLA, the following terms and definitions apply:
- The key words "MUST", "MUST NOT", "REQUIRED", "SHALL", "SHALL NOT", "SHOULD", "SHOULD NOT", "RECOMMENDED", "MAY", and "OPTIONAL" in this document are to be interpreted as described in RFC 2119.
Acceptable Use Policy and Conditions of Use
By registering in any of the Advanced Computing and e-Science Group services as a user you declare that you have read, understood and will abide by the following conditions of use:
- You can use the services and resources of the service only for activities that relate to the work that you described in the form when you applied for access.
- You shall promote an adequate and fair usage of IFCA services, including but not limited to hardware, software and middleware. In particular it is strictly forbidden to try any action that may impact its performance and/or is not indicated in this SLA, including "stress tests" or "benchmarking exercises".
- Your registration can be suspended when you exceed the resources that were allocated for you during membership approval, or when your membership expires.
- You shall provide appropriate acknowledgement of support for your use of the resources/services provided. The following acknowledgement text can be used for this purpose (e.g. in scientific publications):
"We acknowledge the support from the Advanced Computing and e-Science group at the Institute of Physics of Cantabria (IFCA-CSIC-UC)."
- You shall not use the resources/services of the service for any purpose that is unlawful and not (attempt to) breach or circumvent any administrative or security controls.
- You shall respect intellectual property and confidentiality agreements.
- You shall protect your access credentials (for example usernames and passwords).
- You shall keep all your registered information correct and up to date.
- You shall immediately report any known or suspected security breach or misuse of the services/resources or access credentials to firstname.lastname@example.org and to other relevant credential issuing authorities.
- You use the resources/services at your own risk. There is no guarantee that the resources/services will be available at any time or that their integrity or confidentiality will be preserved or that they will suit any purpose.
- You agree that logged information, including personal data provided by you for registration purposes, may be used for administrative, operational, accounting, monitoring and security purposes. You agree that this logged information may be disclosed to other authorised participants via secured mechanisms, only for the same purposes and only as far as necessary to provide the services.
- You agree that the body or bodies granting you access and resource/service providers are entitled to regulate, suspend or terminate your access without prior notice and without compensation, within their domain of authority, and you shall immediately comply with their instructions.
- You are liable for the consequences of your violation of any of these conditions of use, which may include but are not limited to the reporting of your violation to your home institute and, if the activities are thought to be illegal, to appropriate law enforcement agencies.