Please check before requesting further support.
1. How do I request a new user account?
Please contact <firstname.lastname@example.org> explaining who you are and why do you need it.
You need to specify your full name, department (if any) a phone number and your email address.
2. I forgot my password, how can I change it?
Please send an email to <email@example.com> explaining what happened and who you are.
3. Can more than one person access an account?
Your user account is personal and that you shall not share it with any other user, trusted or not. If such a behavior is detected, we will proceed to block your user account and revoke your access to the infrastructure.
4. How can I change my shell?
Point your browser to https://auth01.ifca.es/ and login with your account. Then edit your shell under your personal settings and click on "Update".
5. My project needs software XXXX version YYYY, how do I get it installed?
It is an IFCA policy to not install any special software and/or libraries directly on the nodes. Should you need to install any special software and/or libraries, please use your /gpfs/csic_projects/ space. If you need further assistance, please use the Helpdesk and open a new incidence.
6. My quota has been exceeded, what can I do?
Please remove any unnecessary files from your account. If you have removed anything and it is not reflected on the quota, please contact <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
7. I need some more disk space, what can I do?
Please please use the Helpdesk and open a new incidence telling who you are, why do you need it and how much time will you need it.
8. A member from my group is filling all our job slots, what can I do?
Although the batch system at IFCA CPD has enabled some fair sharing policies sometimes they cannot be enough for users within the same group. If this is your case, you should contact your colleague and convince him to make a fair use of your shared resources. If this is not enough, you can use the Helpdesk and open a new incidence explaining your complaints.
9. A member from my group is filling our disk space quota, what can I do?
If your group's disk space is filled with files from a few users and you do not have enough room for you, please get in touch with your colleagues and try to convince them to make a fair usage of the resources. The projects shared area has a quota based on groups, not users. Only in some special cases, you can use the Helpdesk and open a new incidence explaining your complaints.
10. How do I request a Certificate?
11. How do I point out a reference to IFCA datacenter in my publication?
If the publication results were obtained with the help of the computing facilities from the IFCA datacenter, a reference to it must be specified some way. E.g.:
The author thankfully acknowledges the computer resources, technical expertise and assistance provided by the Advanced Computing & e-Science team at IFCA.
12. How to get satisfied a demand of computing resources? (aka ''challenges'')
Massive submissions could be granted as a result of temporary demands. To request a challenge, a ticket with a brief description must be filled through the helpdesk together with the following information:
- Period (days, hours,..)
- Duration of the jobs (walltime)
- Resources needed: memory, slots
Further technical information at the Advanced Reservation page.
Note that in order for the reservation to be satistied, the challenge request must be done some days before the actual period of usage.
13. My question is not here, what should I do?
If you need further assistance, please use the Helpdesk and open a new incidence.